Interference from Flash Object

Mar 7, 2009 at 8:59 AM
Great menu control!  I've seem to run into a big problem -- I have a MultiMenu control set up just above a flash object (a chart from amcharts.com).  If the menu is expanded and has items that overlap the flash control there are two problems:

1) The flash object's border shows up in the menu (it's as if the menu is transparent).  I tried changing the color to white and other colors, but this did not help.  Is there an opacity setting?

2) Any attempts to mouse-over an item that is overlapped with the flash object results in the menu disappearing!  (like if you moved the mouse away from the control).

Any ideas on what I can do to correct this?  Thanks!

Kevin
Mar 10, 2009 at 1:32 PM
I've experienced a probleme like this and i have solved it using
z-index attribute to make it in first display order in the menu style
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2009 at 12:45 AM
Z-Index would be thing to correct the problem unless flash controls are like drop down listboxes in IE 6 where the z-index has no effect and the hidden frame technique needs to be used to prevent the bleed through. The menu does add hidden fames to prevent bleed through when the browser is <= IE 6, but does not with any other browser. Maybe it should for flash controls.

Kevin, what browser are you using? HillPeaceman, did you fix bleed through with a flash control using z-index?

Thanks for your help guys.
Mar 17, 2009 at 2:32 AM
Thanks for the replies -- I was able to correct this issue by setting the z-index property like HillPeaceman suggested, in the css sheet for the multimenu.  Seems to work fine now!  I'm using IE7, and will post up if I encounter anything else like this.  Thanks again
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2009 at 8:36 PM
Cool deal. Thanks guys!