Not Compatible with Other Browser

Jan 19, 2009 at 10:18 PM
I installed it and tried to run it on other browser.  In horizontal menu, sub-menu does not appear on the side, instead it onverlaps top level menu.  The browsers I tried were Safari, Firefox and Goodle Chrome.  All of them have the same problem except IE.
Coordinator
Jan 26, 2009 at 3:27 AM
Is this problem happening with the provided samples, or your own implementation? What DOCTYPE is being used? This is an ussue with the XHTML DOCTYPE which the menu does not support at this time.
Jan 29, 2009 at 4:16 PM
I used default from VS2005 which is the following:

<!

DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Thanks.

Jan 29, 2009 at 9:59 PM
Hi Slican.  I've been running into the same thing.  You'll find it works properly if you change your doc type to the one in the samples.
DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"

Jan 30, 2009 at 3:20 PM
Thanks for advice.
Coordinator
Feb 1, 2009 at 2:14 AM
Sorry guys, XHTML doc types do not work with the menu...not yet anyway. I will find out why, but don't have the time to anytime soon. The non-XHTML doc types (like the one suggested above by slican) should all work.
Coordinator
Mar 26, 2010 at 3:12 AM

Just wanted to let you know that the menu now works with the XHTML doctypes (for those who don't know, VisualStudio 2005 and later use the XHTML 1.0 transitional doctype).