Menu Flicker

Dec 16, 2008 at 12:56 AM
I am getting some menu flicker in IE7, I tried making all the .MenuItem and .MenuItemOver(s) the same to prevent the change from being the problem, but it still occurs.
Coordinator
Jan 26, 2009 at 3:31 AM
Are you using background images in the CSS classes? Background images set in the CSS will cause the menu to flicker in IE. You can set images and hover images using the menu maker collection which will not cause flickering. Let me know if you are not sure how to do this.
Aug 12, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Hi , I am getting the menu flicker as described and im setting my background images in the css. I am not sure what this menu maker collection is that you are talking about. Could you please explain. Thank You

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2009 at 7:11 PM
Edited Sep 14, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Sorry, I meant the menu marker collection. With this collection you can apply icons to each sub menu based on level. The image is added to the html with an img tag being inserted into the required table cell. Using css to insert images causes fliker with IE when caching is turned off because every time a menu is displayed or hidden, the image is reloaded by IE.  On the bright side, caching by default is turned on in IE.